I advise my clients against applying any sprays or conditioners on my exotic leather pieces. You can wear them beautifully for many years or even decades, hand them down to the next generation.
Just some notes to take note of. These also apply to normal non-exotic leathers like taurillon cow, calf, lamb or chevre goat leathers.
1. Do no expose leathers to direct heat or sunlight for long. How long? It really depends on the intensity of the sunlight. Besides, we all know that we do not quite stand under the sun for many hours unless if you were getting a natural sun-tan (in which case, do avoid wearing your leather pieces, whether exotic or not).
2. Do not wash your pieces! Leathers do not like water. However, if any of your pieces does get a bit wet, you only need to dab it with a soft (non-scratchable micro-fibre) cloth and let it dry on its own. Do not blow dry your leather pieces!
3. Your leather pieces are to be worn every now and again. Why? If they are stored for too long, the leathers may dry up. As leathers are au naturale, it needs to breathe and your natural body oils will also help preserve them.
4. When not wearing them - do store them away in the sleeper and box provided. Place them in a cool, dry and dark place. They rather have undisturbed sleep.
5. Stains?! Depending on the type of stain, I will advise accordingly. A stain could be your personal mark on the bag too. Otherwise, watch where you are going.
Not to worry. If you have any concerns, I am here if you would like to contact me.